Frequently Asked Questions FAQ for GATE 2013
1. How do I apply ONLINE? Go to the link How to apply? On website
(www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013), read the instructions and apply from the link provided in the main page.
2. Can I use one email address to fill multiple application forms? NO, one email address can be used for only one application form.
3. Why should I choose two examination cities? Generally, you will be allotted a centre in the examination city of your first choice. Only in cases where it becomes difficult to accommodate you in the examination city of your first choice, your second choice will be considered.
4. My power/internet connection failed during application process, what do I do? If you have clicked on “Save” during application process, the data you entered up to that time has been stored online. Simply login back to the GATE application website and continue the application process.
5. You are asking only the SC/ST/PD candidates to enclose the category certificate. What about the OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates? Do they have to enclose the category certificate too? NO. OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates do not have to enclose the category certificate since their application fee is same as that of the general category candidates. However, in the application, you can indicate the category to which you belong to. You need to produce the category certificate only to the admitting institute at the time of admission.
6. How do I make the fee payment for GATE 2013 examination? You can make the payment during the ONLINE application process by choosing one of the following options:
1. Online Payment: Netbanking through the payment gateway.
2. Challan Payment: Payment by cash at any branch of Canara Bank or State Bank of India.
7. I want to pay online by my credit card, but I don’t see that option! You can only use internet banking (netbanking) facilities for online payment. Credit cards will not be accepted.
8. If I want the Online Payment (Netbanking) option, how should I complete the application process? After filling all the fields in the ONLINE application form, choose Online Payment option and proceed for payment by following the instructions.
1. Your browser screen will re-directed to the bank you choose. Login with your Internet banking credentials and confirm the payment.
2. After confirming the payment, you will be re-directed back to GATE application website.