GATE exam 2013 GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, the test that sees intense competition for seats in post-graduate courses in engineering and sciences in top institutes in the India, is administered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc). Over the past few years, the number of applicants for GATE has increased for various reasons like changes in pattern, Public Sector Undertakings (PSU jobs) considering GATE scores for recruitment, attractive career options for post-graduates and the urge to stand out among the increasing number of engineering graduates among others.
What’s New in GATE 2013?
1. 15 subject papers will be conducted by an ONLINE computer based test:
2. Female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee, as required by MHRD, Govt. of India.
3. All candidates’ related information will be available in a single GATE Online Applicant Interface.
4. Soft copies of photograph and signature must be uploaded during online application (This is in addition to sending recent photograph of applicant with signed application).
5. A new formula will be used for calculating the GATE score.
6. Biometric information (Photograph and fingerprint) maybe captured on the day of the examination for randomly selected candidates.
GATE 2013 Admit card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites from 5th December 2012. Sending Admit cards by post has been discontinued. Bring the downloaded admit card at the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. ONLY one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will NOT be permitted to take the test, if original and valid photo identification is not presented.