GATE is the qualifying exam for the admission to the country’s top and elite institutes like the IITs and the IISCs for admission in the Master’s Degree programme. The importance of the GATE exam seem to have gone up recently because of the circular from the different Public Sector Organisations like the Indian Oil, Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL), ONGC and others that the applying candidate for any of the post of the entry level engineer in those organizations, should have a valid GATE score. This change in the process has seen many takers for this exam.
GATE Eligible Streams:
The candidates can appear for their specialized subjects and streams as per their convenience. There are a total of 73 streams that are eligible for appearing in the exam that range from Aeronautical Engineering to Textile Chemistry providing a better opportunity for all the students from the different streams to take part in the application process.
GATE Application process
The application process for the GATE exam has been made easy by introducing both online and offline facilities for the application process.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
The conducting IITs or the IISCs are responsible for the online application system architecture process. The online process has been prepared keeping in mind the different challenges that might occur and the possible tasks that can be carried related to the exams’ application process. Below are the lists of tasks that can be performed by the online application process.
1. A fresh candidate can register on the portal with all the required details while the existing users have to provide their unique credentials for logging in the site.
2. The candidate has to follow the required guidelines that are there on the site for filling up the application forms and thus applying for the exam.
3. The validity of the application is then verified and the candidate is then asked to upload his signature and the photograph for the validation process and for authenticating the individuality of the application process.
4. The application fee had to be then paid by the applicant online or have to select the mode of payment for the exam. Generally there are a number of participating banks that take part in the process and thus providing the better help to the applicants for applying to the exam easily.
5. The site also provides the updated status on the application for the applicant who helps them to track their applications and take the necessary actions accordingly.
6. It also provides an interface for the candidates to interact with the respective centres where they are applying in case of any queries or doubts.
7. They can download their admit cards from the interface.
8. Last but not the least it also provides the updated scores and the results after the successful completion of the exams and after the declaration of the results.
The GATE online application process is more easy and simple and can be easily worked on by any candidate having minimum internet experiences.