Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) invites applications for M.Tech admission 2016 to various departments. The departments are Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Physics, and Interdisciplinary Programmes. Every department has several specializations.
Candidates who have qualified in GATE 2016 can avail admissions but candidates will have to apply before the GATE 2016 Result will be announced. Non GATE candidates can appear for a written test to avail admissions.
(a) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/Government
Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/Life Science/ related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government
Associate Membership holders of the professional bodies for admission into their parent disciplines from the following:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AMAeSI) (eligible only for aerodynamics, structures and propulsions streams)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIIM)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (AMII ChemE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (AMIETE)
(b) Qualified in GATE 2016
Candidates pursuing education must have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified in and whose results are likely to be declared by July 2016.
Online application is open from:
Last date for applying online:
To know more about IIT and its importance please visit our previous post at: